OFFICER : May I see your passport please? 海關人員:我可以看一下你的護照嗎?
CHARLES: Here is my passport. And this is the declaration form. 查理斯:這是我的護照,這是入境申請表。
OFFICER: What is the purpose of your visit to the United States? 海關人員:你到美國的目的是什麼?
CHARLES: Business. I have a trade convention I'm attending in Chicago. 查理斯:商務,我要到芝加哥去開商務會議。
OFFICER: This visa is good for two weeks. Do you intend to stay longer than that? 海關人員:你的簽證期限是兩個星期,你打算待更久嗎?
CHARLES: No. I will fly back twelve days from now. 查理斯:不會,我十二天之後就要回去了。
OFFICER: And you will do some traveling while you are here? 海關人員:這段期間你會去旅行嗎?
CHARLES: Yes, I want to spend a couple days in New York. I have friends there I will visit. 查理斯:是的,我想去紐約幾天,我在那兒有朋友,要去拜訪。
OFFICER: What do you have in the bag, Mr. Lee? 海關人員:李先生,你的袋子裡有些什麼?
CHARLES: Just my cameras, my clothes, and some books. 查理斯:只是一些照相機、衣服和書籍。
OFFICER: You're not carrying any food with you today? 海關人員:你沒有攜帶任何食物吧?
CHARLES: No. 查理斯:沒有。
OFFICER: Okay, Mr. Lee. This is just a routine check. Would you mind opening the bag for me? 海關人員:好的,李先生,這是例行檢查,請你把袋子打開讓我看看好嗎?
CHARLES: Alright. 查理斯:好的。
OFFICER: Hmm. You have three cameras. Are you a photographer? 海關人員:嗯…有三台照相機,你是攝影師嗎?
CHARLES: No, my company makes cameras. Well, I'm also a photographer, but two of these are for our display. 查理斯:不是,我們公司是生產照相機的。我自己也是攝影師,但是有兩台是展示用的。
OFFICER: I see. And what's in this bag? 海關人員:我明白了,那這個袋子裡面裝什麼?
CHARLES: Egg tarts. 查理斯:蛋撻。
OFFICER: I thought you said you didn't have any food with you today. 海關人員:我以為你沒有帶任何食物。
CHARLES: I thought you meant vegetables and meat when you asked me. Things like that. I don't have any vegetables. 查理斯:我以為你是指蔬菜和肉品之類的食物。我並沒有帶蔬菜。
OFFICER: I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. Egg tarts are food too. We will have to confiscate these. 海關人員:李先生,對不起,蛋撻也算是食物,我們必須充公。
CHARLES: Confiscate? 查理斯:充公?
OFFICER: Yes, we will have to dispose of them. 海關人員:是的,我們將會處理掉。
CHARLES: It's too bad. They are very delicious. 查理斯:太可惜了,蛋撻非常好吃。
OFFICER: I know. One out of every three travelers from Taiwan seems to be carrying them. They are being smuggled in by the thousands. 海關人員:我知道。臺灣來的旅客,三個就有一個會帶蛋撻。成千的人就成走私了。
CHARLES: Oh, well. Not by me. 查理斯:我沒有。
OFFICER: No, not today at least. Enjoy your visit to the United States, Mr. Lee. 海關人員:至少今天沒有,祝您旅途愉快,李先生。
CHARLES: Thank you. 查理斯:謝謝。 |